Atkinson engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic you are a true owner of a Unicorn as far as I have read, like the guy that routinely actually uses his Quorn to sharpen an end mill.
Congratulations ! what is all the liquid in the center? I think as an outside observer
the CDI ignition helps as mentioned by Grim in another Atkinson post and a large flywheel.
The proof is in the running, again congratulations.

Wow. Fantastic. And it runs with such authority too !!
Looks like you have wonderful compression. What process do you follow to make your rings. Many have been discussed on HMEM.
I think I might abandon my Gingery version (that I considerably modified) and start over.
So, to be clear, you didn't change anything from the original drawings presented on HMEM earlier. I don't want to go down a dead end again.
Thanks much.
A couple of words would be appreciated.

Fantastic you are a true owner of a Unicorn as far as I have read, like the guy that routinely actually uses his Quorn to sharpen an end mill.
Congratulations ! what is all the liquid in the center? I think as an outside observer
the CDI ignition helps as mentioned by Grim in another Atkinson post and a large flywheel.
The proof is in the running, again congratulations.
Propcock the water is for cooling. There is a passage from the hopper to surround the cylinder. The Gingery uses this method as well.

I bought the segments, it doesn't have too much compression I threaded the valve stems easier to find the right spring flexibility the ignition point is precise

A fine runner

Félicitations !

You dindn't use the governor as gar as I can see ?

I bought the segments, it doesn't have too much compression I threaded the valve stems easier to find the right spring flexibility the ignition point is precise
Segments??
I assume you mean the rings? Good idea.
Excellent idea for adjusting the springs.
Thanks

gg. I think you have made an excellent model of this engine and justly deserve the Model of the Month for this one. A true bit of craftsmanship to make such a sweet running engine, of a relatively difficult design. (Looks easy, but so many comments about difficulty of making them run suggests you have "the knack").
K2

gg. Would you be so kind as to check the positions of your pistons when they are fully to the left in the cylinder with respect to the spark plug hole. I have redrawn the drawings and run an animation and this is what I get. The spark plug hole seems to be partially block by the piston. I'm just trying to confirm this is correct.
Thanks

1616415043073.jpeg

Excellent. Thank you very much. I'll consider it normal and continue. That's good. I don't have to go looking for errors in my re-draw.
Thanks Again.

If you've been following along the plans are already posted back in message #5 and elsewhere in another thread. I'm just re-drawing those plans to be sure I understand them.

Latest posts

Back