Atkinson engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceSoft

Reaction score
Hello,
I have finally finished my next engine - Atkinson engine by Mr. Ridders (thank you very much). I worked on it cca 6 months with some breaks (another projects). Here some pics and video:

P1110229.jpg

P1110233.jpg

P1110232.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJW2lZ1wHU[/ame]

Whole progress of work is photographed at http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z173/RaceSoft/Atkinson%20engine/ and http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z173/RaceSoft/Vapor%20carburetor/.

Many thanks for you patience.

Petr

Cool over head cam Petr :bow: :bow:
Pete

Excellent workmanship!
Love the gold anodizing you did on certain parts!!

Great video and sounding engine!
Congratulations!!!

Andrew

You have done a marvelous job. After seeing your first post a few weeks ago, I did a web search for Atkinson cycle engine. There are a number of different sites, all offering a bit of information. I clicked on one of them (I don't know which one), and immediately downloaded the "Windows Security Virus" which took over my computer, switched off my anti-virus, and "ate" all the information off my hard-drive. I then had to have a new computer custom built, to the tune of $2300, and I never did find out any more about Atkinson engines.----Brian

Brian Rupnow said:
You have done a marvelous job. After seeing your first post a few weeks ago, I did a web search for Atkinson cycle engine. There are a number of different sites, all offering a bit of information. I clicked on one of them (I don't know which one), and immediately downloaded the "Windows Security Virus" which took over my computer, switched off my anti-virus, and "ate" all the information off my hard-drive. I then had to have a new computer custom built, to the tune of $2300, and I never did find out any more about Atkinson engines.----Brian

I switched to Linux (current distribution is Ubuntu) years ago. I've found it handles my every wish and need. No Windoze OS for me at all. The last Windows OS Software I used was Windows 95. I still can't understand why anyone continues to pay for and use defective OS software.

Beautiful job Petr. It looks and runs great!

When I hit play on the video my 17 month old Son ran over to see and pointed and said "Bwup Bwup Bwup" That means "awesome job, I love how the linkages go round and round"

Petr great work and the workman ship is also great. I have to admit I love the bandaged finger in the video.

Dave

Bravo, Petr! Your craftsmanship ranks with the best!

Orrin

That's a mighty pretty engine! Those Atkinsons do jump around a lot if you don't clamp them down!

Chuck

Really nice looking engine, I hadn't seen one like it before.

I really enjoyed the video I am a fan of seeing things move and there is some serious movement there!!!! When I was a kid I saw a Flathead ford run with one head off I was hooked from there. Really nice work Thm: Thm:
Dave

Many thanks for all yours comment.

2mgbrv8: finger is now OK!

2cfellows: yes, engine not very good balanced. But in low RPM not jumping around - low RPM look better!

2d-m: I love many movement parts on engines too.

Thx for your patience.

With big regard Petr

Latest posts

Back