Atkinson Cycle Engine Supersized

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello I made a little progress.I don't no if I like the exhaust.What do you think about it? Wes I will post some more pictures on the boring bar . Tom
100_1533.jpg

100_1534.jpg

100_1536.jpg

Man, the engine is looking good Tom. The exhaust looks to be the right size to the valve port. Were you thinking about a shield to make it look fuller up to the bell? Is the tractor under the blankets? ;D

Kenny

Tom

That looks really nice. And my opinion?!? the exhaust is brilliant. Very cool.

Eric

That is a very classy loking engine you are building there, Tom. I'd try the exhaust and see if You like it. I think it's awesome!

The exhaust Is my second try at it here is the first.What under the blanket? well under one of them is a 1912 stover T hit miss engine I restored last year.under the outher is my old lathe it need cleaning and I dint what you to see that ;) No tractor yet.
100_1538.jpg

Here is a picture of what under the wood.The wood box is the coil,the brass pipe is the fuel tank fill port,and the battery is to the right.
100_1526.jpg

Wow Tom,

I like that exhaust. It looks like it belongs on the engine and matches the style.

Kenny

That's a beauty, Tom. Great work!

Chuck

Nice! Was the exhaust a base ball bat in it's former life?

Eric

Yes it was.I got the ideal from my neighbor he use them on his cushmen scooters.
Tom

Tom that looks awesome. I like the alum exhaust. How about a bend, mabey a ninety back toward the flywheel? Again, looks really good.

Zue I had it cut at the top at a 45 and recut it strait it just wasn't right maybe a dom on top. I built the carb. linkage and wider up the coil and kill switch.Check the timing.Sprayed a little starting fluid in the carb,turned the switch on and it fired on the forth turn and and ran for five or six turns.

IT WAS AWESOME ;D ;D ;D Tomorrow I will put fuel in the tank and get some video Tom

Tom,

Does it have a fuel pump or will it be a gravity feed for the fuel?

Kenny

I ran the engine today it look like it going to run nice and slow . I still have a little tuning to do on it .Kenny it has no fuel pump just a check valve in the line.Here is the video.My son is cranking it I am adjusting the carb. Tom

That is super!!! I like the movement of the linkages:O)

Wes

My wife thinks I am a geek.

Saw the video and called out to her "you gotta see this! it is very cool!"

Very cool Tom.

Eric

That is great, Tom,

There is a lot of action going on. It is nice to see the smiles on you guys.

Kenny

Thanks guys.Here is an up date. I had trouble keeping fuel up to the carb. The engine idles at 125 rpm and did not have enough vacuum.I think Kenny knew this when he posted about a fuel pump.But I missed the hint.In the first video I was holding my hand over the carb. to keep it running.I raised the fuel tank and installed a shutoff valve in the fuel line.It idled better but would not accelerate.I redused the venture and it runs good now.

I built a fan to keep it cool but it need more rpm will have to build a bigger drive pulley.

Here is some more videos.Watch the start up real close. :eek: Tom

Back