Argusmotor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello engine builder,
some pictures of the cooling water pump and the ignition distributo
r Wasserpumpe 5.JPG
Wasserpumpe 7.JPG
Verteiler 6.JPG
Zündverteiler 8.JPG
Zündverteiler 9.JPG

regards klaus

Hello engine builder, please excuse me for inserting the German text again, but the GOOGLE translator played a trick on me. I wanted to say that the ignition distributor is now ready and waiting for the Hall sensor to be tested. The middle pole, in the ignition cap, is now ready and cushioned.
regards klaus

Hello engine builder, the engine is ready to the ignition. The ignition cables as well as the engine housing ventilation and the oil filler neck are attached.AM-5.JPG AM-5.JPG AM-6.JPG BILD3567.JPG
regards klaus

Hallo Zündelektronik, wer kann eine sichere und preiswerte Zündanlage für meinen Vierzylindermotor empfehlen? Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Sie mir helfen könnten. Ich habe keine Probleme mit der Mechanik, aber ich bin hilflos in der Elektronik, wie ein Fisch an Land. Gruß Klaus

Hallo Zündelektronik, wer kann eine sichere und preiswerte Zündanlage für meinen Vierzylindermotor empfehlen? Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Sie mir helfen könnten. Ich habe keine Probleme mit der Mechanik, aber ich bin hilflos in der Elektronik, wie ein Fisch an Land. Gruß Klaus

Do you intend to use a mechanical contact point (Unterbrecher) or a Hall sensor?

Very nice runner, Klaus!
I haven't seen many model replicas of water cooled engines from that era. From the pictures it looks like you surrounded the cylinder liners with brass profile rings and brass sheet to form the water jacket cavity? Was this assembly then silver soldered and to the liner? What is the liner material? What do you use for coolant liquid?

Hallo Petertha,
‎Thank you for your interest.‎
‎The cylinder tubes as well as the rings are made of brass and were soldered hard, the outer coats were soldered softly and then the cylinder inner diameters were sanded. See the pictures in contributions 15 and 17. The pistons are made of aluminium and each have two O-rings as piston rings. Cooling is done with water without additives.‎
‎In the last year, I have had a lot of problems with the electronic ignition and the setting of the control cams.‎
‎Greeting‎
Klaus

Back