Are there kits for marine engines?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal2749

Reaction score
Brother got me started when he stored an old American Eagle marine engine (similar to Caille or Detroit) in my workshop and now would like to make a model.
I've checked out numerous sites for kits and after coming up empty handed has only increased my desire to make one.
Does anyone know of a kit or plans for one?

Regards Al

Al, have you checked out www.tinypower.com? Their 2V-10 is suitable for marine use but a lottle pricey for the casting kit. Not sure what you are looking for as I am not familiar with the names you mentioned. PM Research also has a small 2 cylinder wobbler for marine applications but it only comes as a machined bolt together kit, Not sure if that helps or not.

Bill

As far as I know there is only one kit around for an internal combustion marine engine. There is a single cylinder Hubbard, about 1" bore available from a German source. I bought one at a NAMES show several years ago. I saw the kit again just last year from a vendor that had a lot of kits, but I do not recall the vendors name.

I had mine almost finished and took it to Cabin Fever., A vendor there really wanted it, and he had a machine I wanted so we worked a trade.

I just tried Google and found a supplier- see http://www.ministeam.com/acatalog/Classic_Mottors.html Kit is $230

ron ginger

I tried to look up the engine you are talking about, but no luck.
Model Engineer Magazine June 1963 the engine is called the Whippet for the water
10cc, water cooled head, it looks like it is from a casting but it looks machinable.
-B-

I have the Hubbard engine casting set and they are very nicely cast parts. They are of aluminum and not cast iron (except for the flywheels) and the engine is a glow type as opposed to spark ignition. It is cleverly disguised as a spark ignition but I was a bit disappointed at that fact. The Whippet is a nice engine as are the engines available from Upshur.

BC1
Jim

To answer a question - I am the vendor that had those kits at NAMES. - www.modelmachinist.com

I do not currently have any of the Hubbard kits in stock.

ministeam does not currently have any in stock either.

We only import a limited number at a time.

Doug Cvelbar (AKA Jadecy)

The Hubbard is exactly the style I'm looking for.

Doug, Please let me know if others will be ordered.

Also if anyone has an old kit and willing to let it go-please let me know.

Thanks guys for all the spade work and responses.

Regards, Al

Hi Al

I ordered a set of Otto Deutz castings directly from Heinz and had no problems. If has the Hubbard castings in stock and you wanted them I wouldn't hesitate to email him and get them on the way.

http://www.classic-motors.at/

Dave

Back