April's engine of the month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We need to pick an engine of the month for April.

• Kactiguy's Nutty Engine

• Shred's Small Stirling Fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Time to Pick Aprils engine of the month. I'll open a pole with the nominees and we'll all vote on them:eek:) This will run for 15 days. That will give me time to post the winner. Keep up the great work guys! I still haven't decided who I'm going to vote for on this one. It's going to be close, I think:eek:)

Isn't this exciting, Wes

It might be handy to include a photo of each engine in the poll.

If it is a tie, then just declare both as winners.

More smiles all round.

John

Hey, We had a tie!!! Wahoo!! You guys did such a great job on your engines that it was very difficult to choose one over the other. The points were never more that two or three votes apart. You both should be proud of what you've built and will share in the glory:eek:) Both engines will be posted on the banner this month.

Great job guys!!!

Later, Wes

Congrats to both of you, great engines!!

Powder keg-
will there be a "EOTM" archive ?

13AL

All the Engines that win will be here under the Engine of the Month.

Wes

As Rick said "Congratulations to both of you"! I must confess that I did not vote because I could not make a decision, both engines draw a great amount of admiration from me. They both deserve to be so honored.
don

Well, although I didn't vote... please excuse the newbie! ( profile says something about having an advanced member ??!! )
I have got to say I think it would have been very difficult indeed, Both engines very stylish in very different ways. (Stirling engines have my full attention, I strive to obtain the accuracy required to build an army of them one day ;D ) Those fan blades are very cool (was that a pun? :-[ ) but in this case after much deliberation I would have had to opt for the 'nutty engine'.
The choice of materials and the sheer style from (please excuse the term) scrap,(and as far as I know an original design?) it's just quite simply in my humble opinion, fantastic! :bow:

Congratulations both on really good engines, :bow:

I will hopefully create something that looks as good and also runs! ;D

Ralph.

I enjoyed reading about both engines.Both fascinating to me....I didnt vote, wouldnt vote , there no way to vote one over another.......Unless several folks were building exactly the same engine, then you could say that one completed engine was superior to another..
.I'll finish my first engine eventually.Can an engine be shown without being subjected to the monthly competition?

As a total newbie I'm just ......... overwhelmed 8) ........ both are such excellent pieces of engineering ;D ............. I feel we need 2 votes ;D

Well done to both of you, If I can ever come close I'll be very pleased :eek:

btw .......... "newbie question" ......... where do I find the earlier "Engine of the Month" threads ............ errrrr ......... or is the first one :(

Back