April Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

Been following along quietly and this is a well deserved recognition of your work. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Well deserved. This is a really interesting build, so much so, I occasionally go back to the beginning to see it evolve

:D

Thanks again everyone !!!

Stout, it is one half scale. The overall dimensions are roughly 6.625" height (excluding base), 6.25" front to back, and 5.625" (side to side, inclucing pulley shaft).

Bill

Congratulations Bill! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Your project caught my attention from the very beginning. First class work and well executed.
Simply spectacular!

-MB

Very nice Bill, Your Briggs brings back alot of good memories for me. My dad built my brothers and I a go-kart back in the 60s and used a full size engine just like yours to power it. He cut up his old cushman scooter so he could use the material for the go-cart. It wasn't very fast but it sure was fun. Anyways, thanks for stirring up some good moments from the past. I admire your work and can't wait to hear it run. Dave

Congrats Bill

A great surprise to see your work in progress given such well deserved recognition. For me the work in progress is what it's all about and yours is certainly amongst the best here. Considering the standard on this site, that is no mean feet.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
best wishes
Steve

Excellent, I mean absolutely excellent, thank you very much for sharing the experience with us. I have been following the build and it has been great.

Cheers,
MartinH

Hello Bill,

All I can do is echo all the good things already said - great job and interesting as well!

All the best,
Mike

Well done, Bill! I've been following this one for a long time. I'm so glad you won this months honors!

Dean

Truely an inspirational pice of work,

well deserved Bill.

Randel

Congratulations Bill! Well deserved for all the effort in machining, explaining and documenting the build. Its a pleasure to follow along!

Regards Jeroen

Many thanks to everyone for all the kind words. Still pinching myself to be sure I'm not dreaming...well...it is April Fool's Day after all!!

Bill

Bill, as a new engine builder doing my first engine I also think your engine is completely deserving of the Project of the Month. Your detailed level of documentation has helped me with my piston ring machining in a way I had not seen before, and it seems to have worked very well. Congratulations.

Hello All,

Congratulations Bill!!!

Very, very cool your job.

Cheers,

Alexandre

Latest posts

Back