Anyone put a DRO on an X3?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillH

Reaction score
I received my Meister S2000 DRO with glass scales today from Singapore. Looks like an excellent deal for the price of 480$ .0002 resolution.
Anyhow, after taking a look at everything, I realized that this is a project in itself installing one of these. Any of you have pictures of your X3 with the DRO installed to give me a different perspective?

Billy
I'm right in the middle of an install with the same kit on my SX3. I have the scales almost completely roughed into position. I'm also getting pretty conversant in Chin-english...LOL. Not a lot of instructions and lots of surplus fasteners and hardware came with the kit, but its coming along well so far. Feel free to give me a shout on PM if you get stuck.

Steve

Hey Cedge, how are you going to mount the dro head mount? Just to the sheetmetal cover on the column? That cover is stronger than I thought it was, but it seams not like an ideal thing to do. Will PM you if I get stuck. I just need some time off from work to play with it!

Bill
So far it looks like I'll be mounting it to the sheet metal. It's pretty stout stuff. Mine is a model WE6800 Rational Precision Instruments from Hong Kong, but it sounds like the same basic kit.

Steve

I just finished my installation of the DRO, it is now complete. Pictures to follow after work tomorrow!

Back