Anyone made an exhaust flapper for one of their models?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one I made for my version of the Zero-6 ( picture to the left.)
Look at Mark's Holt 75. He made a really nice one from GBritnells drawing.
Mine ended up feeling a little clunky, but it was probably 10 years ago I made that, and I like to think I'm better at it now...
Doug

IMG_0809.JPG

This is the one I made for my version of the Zero-6 ( picture to the left.)
Look at Mark's Holt 75. He made a really nice one from GBritnells drawing.
Mine ended up feeling a little clunky, but it was probably 10 years ago I made that, and I like to think I'm better at it now...
Doug

G'day Doug and thank you. Not knowing much about these at all, I take it that the part circled below from your pic is a counterbalance?

75850-d2ac265b25fd69317cd0988267c00ef6.jpg

Anyone made an exhaust flapper for one of their models?

Do you have any photos you can share?

Here are 2 photos of my flapper which i have on my Lil`Brother and the Plan to make it. Don´t know anymore where i have the plan from. I believe its from the Tiny IC build log, but i`m not sure... anyway it works good and is nice to watch.

Attachments

• Bewegliche Auspuffklappe für Tiny I.C.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20210112_084428.jpg
    IMG_20210112_084428.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20210112_084414.jpg
    IMG_20210112_084414.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 279
You will find that on a small i.c. engine, these things rattle like Hell. On a big truck or tractor you don't hear the noise they make, but on a small engine they are very noisy.

Here is the drawing I made for my Holt engine. I made mine from aluminum but it could be made from anything, brass, steel. Mine doesn't make any perceptible noise while the engine is running.

Attachments

• HOLT EXHAUST RAIN CAP.pdf
    33.5 KB · Views: 407

Latest posts

Back