• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone here with an old ( 1930's - 1950's) Atlas lathe ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morrow

Reaction score
If you have an old Atlas lathe like a 618, I have an old manual that may be of interest to you. The title is "Manual Of Lathe Operation And Machinists Tables." The last reprinted date inside says 1954. It doesn't appear to be specific to a 618 but that size lathe seems to be featured prominently in the photos.I don't want anything for it although, I'm in Canada so it may cost you a couple of $$ for postage so I'm not too far out of pocket. I just want to find an appropriate home for it and someone who would appreciate having this old book to go with their Atlas lathe.

David

VintageMachinery.org

They scan and make material available online for people interested in old machines and old printed material about them. Although they feature woodworking machines, they may still be interested.

FYI: Keith Rucker is behind this, he has a YouTube channel that often features old machines and techniques for working with and restoring them. Search for his name on YouTube.

--ShopShoe

Latest posts

Back