Anybody want to guess---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even tho the cost was figured on prices 8 years ago I assume Canadian dollars that is about what right for the cost today in US dollars . Of .then you would have to factor in labor and aluminum/brass costs .

And Oh Yeah---In case I haven't mentioned it 2 or 300 times now---"DAMN---I hate using a parting off tool in steel!!!!"
Hi johwen from under.
Being a hobby machinest for quite a long time and like everybody had trouble parting mild steel I came across the T section blade see below Works fantastic use the blade upside down and the lathe in reverse you can even use power feed... Details here...
"T" Type Parting Off Blades
The premium quality blades we stock are sourced from the largest manufacturer of repetition lathe tooling in the USA.
The blades have a slight hollow grind along the top (bottom) cutting edge which assists in curling the chip for easier ejection from the cut.
The industry standard height for 1/2" "T" type parting blades is actually close to 12mm.
Please be aware that some of the cheaper "T" type blades from China and India are 12.7mm (1/2") high and will not fit the FoR inverted parting tool holder.

Here is the website for the manufacture of the blade holder and blades High quality tooling at affordable pricing. Hope this helps
www.eccentricengineering.com.au

Hi johwen from under.
Being a hobby machinest for quite a long time and like everybody had trouble parting mild steel I came across the T section blade see below Works fantastic use the blade upside down and the lathe in reverse you can even use power feed... Details here...
"T" Type Parting Off Blades
The premium quality blades we stock are sourced from the largest manufacturer of repetition lathe tooling in the USA.
The blades have a slight hollow grind along the top (bottom) cutting edge which assists in curling the chip for easier ejection from the cut.
The industry standard height for 1/2" "T" type parting blades is actually close to 12mm.
Please be aware that some of the cheaper "T" type blades from China and India are 12.7mm (1/2") high and will not fit the FoR inverted parting tool holder.

Here is the website for the manufacture of the blade holder and blades High quality tooling at affordable pricing. Hope this helps
www.eccentricengineering.com.au
I have used this tools with very satisfactory results, highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back