Any one here me cussing today around 6pm Central?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not run it very much. You could have an additional short that could fry the hard drive and then you are screwed.
Go get a replacement computer today and get the files moved ASAP.

Dave

Jeremy

I hope you are running a backup or copying all files to an external hard drive. If you are not then you should be.

Play safe

Mike

Your tale prompted me to order an automatic backup this morning. Glad you salvaged your data.
Greg

I did, I just straight copied everything to an external hdd, then I imaged the hard drive and promptly shut it down. It took about 6 hours. Only been finished an hour or so. I use acronis imaging software that did it once a week. Even on my wife's laptop that has our family pictures gets imaged regularly.

The small external hard drives have laptop hard drives in them , get a small one and fit yours in you could then try booting from USB from the post ie as a boot up .

I would presume that your laptop hard drive will fit into another laptop. They are probably fairly standard items.
2.5 and 3.5" ones.

the rest is anyone's guess

Norman

if the battery is still in the computer, take it out. any power into the thing risks corroding any exposed wires worse than the liquid alone. but thank God memory is almost waterproof.

Latest posts

Back