Any fishermen ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline1

Reaction score
Hi guys

A Curious project is coming along quite well

A Line winder for a sea fishing friend

last part is to bolt all the bits to the wood base

If anyone is interested I can post the STLs for the printed bits

P.S how do I insert some pics in the post

Hi All

I am nearing the finish of a line winder for a sea fishing friend,

He wanted something to wind line from spools onto his reels

so I had a bash at it and came up with this

Most of the bits are 3D printed the rest are simple nuts, bolts and setscrews

The piece that holds the reel is a lump of broken rod end (I didn't ask how)

But even without could be fairly easily made (bit of electrical conduit perhaps)

first try with my 3d printer making real components that actually do something

If anyone is interested I could post the STLs but they are pretty big so it would be best to do it by PM

Not exactly Engines but maybe some interest

Best to All Mark

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Now that's neat. Now I to make one for myself.

Ron

Hi skyline.
Will make one too. The tackle shop been very kind to load new lines for me and also unspool on spare reel when we do spinner cleaning. Here's one Grouper landed months ago on a Shimano Stellar 4000 Spinner and Shimano MetalBlow Rod. Please post your catchh.

IMG_0638.jpg

Hi Gus,

That certainly looks to be a good size fish. Do they make good eating I wonder ?

Hi BaronJ,

Best to HongKong Steam,drain off residue, add on Tempura Sauce. 20 min steaming will be good. Do not over cook.
Best to stir fry some sliced shallots/garlic,add on half tea spoon sugar,pour in one soup ladle full of Tempura Sauce and pour on to fish.
Would be waste if deep fried or barbecue. Preferable fish 900-----1000 grammes. Yummy. Nellie is very good with this dish.

IMG_1539.jpg

Aw Gus, You are making me very hungry :):):) I like fish dishes ! Lovely picture.
Thank you for the recipe, I shall be passing it on to my wife with some big hints. :)

Hi Gus. Been in HK and now in Fiji. We, that is the 14 of us devoured 3 groupers last night. A modest 30 or so courses. Off to South Pacific island then another big eat.

Next invite for us is Malta in the Mediterranean.
Not a lot of model engineering but a rather rough sugar cane narrow gauge track.
Can't wait be back in England!,,,,,,,,,

LOL

Norm

Hi Gus

That's a beauty

Waters around Singapore are much warmer than old, cold England

My friend says he's going to take me next time he goes. I'm looking forward to it.

If I can catch one a tenth of the size of that "monster", I will be, like you, "A Happy fisherman*.

BTW There have been reports recently of small Tiger Sharks around the U,K.

I'm not sure, It may be just be "It was That big" tales.

But if there are Big predators in our humble Bristol Channel they must be eating something.

As I said I'm undecided, but it is feasible, nature has a way of throwing surprises at us.

If anyone is interested in making one of these spool winding things please P.M. me and I'll send you the STLs (or the solidworks parts if you want to mod 'em)

Keep on Catching 'em Mr Teng

Mark

Hi Gus. Been in HK and now in Fiji. We, that is the 14 of us devoured 3 groupers last night. A modest 30 or so courses. Off to South Pacific island then another big eat.

Next invite for us is Malta in the Mediterranean.
Not a lot of model engineering but a rather rough sugar cane narrow gauge track.
Can't wait be back in England!,,,,,,,,,

LOL

Norm

Norman having a great time. Fresh is so good eating. Will be a waste if fried though the Thai people could enhance the fishy taste with sauce. Freshly caught fish should be kept for a day or in the fridge. I found fish taken live from tank and steamed does not taste as good. Take care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back