Another Webster, Another Batch of Issues!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a41capt

Reaction score
Hi, and first off, forgive my ignorance! I just completed a Webster that’s been an on and off project for a couple years due to family issues. I tried to make the carb listed in the plans, but had absolutely no success in getting it to work so I went to a Traxxas RC carb like many others have done on this site.

Anyway, after about 8 to 10 hours of fiddling around with it, I finally got the engine to start, but I am unable to keep it running for more than a couple minutes, and even then, I cannot adjust the speed. Moving the throttle either forward or backward just kills the engine. I could really use some help from those of you in the know on adjustments for this carb. I’m no dummy when it comes to carburetion, been tuning two stroke motorcycle carbs since the 60s, but this one has me completely stumped! It also like LOTS of oil in the oiler in order to run, and is difficult to start after it warms up. Currently using a drill motor and temporary pinned started assembly to spin it up. Can it be that I need a break in period? I ran everything in for an hour after I got the main components completed.

Here’s a short video of one of the more successful runs:

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
John W

Latest posts

Back