Another nomination for EotM (Jan 09)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rleete

Reaction score
Not to take anything from Maryak and his engine (a fine project, and an excellent writeup), but I thought I'd toss out another nominee.

Not an engine, but the boiler project firebird made, and his step by step documentation. He tried some neat things (pressing the end caps) that I would otherwise have not considered. I really like that he shows both what worked and what didn't. It also shows his experimentation with burners.

I think, reading the whole thread again, that one could make a boiler using the techniques shown and have a reasonable chance of success.

4th on that message thread and boiler. He did a wonderful job of documenting his still ongoing build and deserves commendation for that !!

Mike

Not to be one to cause offence but is it really suitable for engine of the month? I don't think so. However always one to try and be positive could there be a classification of say project of the month as well? If so I would certainly support Firebirds boiler, which was an exceptional write up of how to make a very nice boiler.

Metal Mickey

... project of the month...

Exactly what I was thinking cause there's a few projects here that don't qualify as engines that are certainly worth commendation, e.g.Brian Rubnow's flyball governor and great writeup and his clever cyclical load gizmo :big:

Could even call it Model of the month and Tool of the month or Writeup of the month

Mike

How about just a featured Model Engineer of the Month whatever the project...

Hi

Thankyou for the kind words and support gentlemen. At times it has almost qualified as a team build cos without all your help it wouldn't have got this far. But anyway its not quite finished yet and has not had its final test which may be a while from now so it may be wise to hold back for a bit. Don't count your chickens etc. I'm still chuffed to bits to be nominated though.

Cheers

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back