Another new model engineer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Mickey

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member to your board and having looked through it for a while before joining I must say I am impressed! I really like the idea of Team Builds in particular, although I have yet to get to grips with how you actually do them, but will no doubt find out more soon.

I am now retired from nearly 30 years in the UK Fire Service and live back home in Brixham (a small fishing/tourist port) near Torquay, South Devon in the UK. I have a workshop that has been on the run for about 10 months now and started a website relating to my modelling attempts! since Christmas 2007. Unfortunately I am not a time served engineer but am self taught. Forums like these are so important to new people who like me, are novices.

My website can be found at http://www.mikes-models.com and at present I have several projects underway, namely building Ron Chernich's Mills 1.3cc diesel as published in the excellent Model Engine Builder (from the USA). I have a 2" scale Fowler traction engine under way as well as building tools and fixtures to get work done.

I don't belong to any clubs as evenings are difficult for me as I have degenerative osteoarthritis so my concentration and movement restrict me to about 3 to 4 hours maximum. Learning the skills required for model engineering keeps me sane! Although sometimes it does the reverse and drives me mad! My other interests are computers (hence the website) and fishing, when we can get out, in our boat, moored in Dartmouth, Devon.

Anyway that's enough about me....looking forward to being a member of this board. Congratulations on your first birthday :)

Welcome Mickey. Im sure you will find many friends here:eek:)

Wesley

welcome mickey will have to check out you site when I have the time
Tin

Hey Mickey!

Welcome to the club. You say you aren't a member of a club?? guess what... by joining here you are now!

Eric

Just looked at your site. I am really digging the chess set! Very nice.

Eric

Nice to meet you!

I've been to Dartmouth a few times with work, how nice to be able to wander into Tracy Tools on a daily basis if needs be.

I'll look into your web site further when at home as the pictures won't load on my work computer.

Al

Hi Mickey

Welcome, what a beautiful part of the world you are from!! I'd like to retire down there one day, only another 30 odd years to go :mad:

Great site you have there BTW.

David

Wow, what a welcome! I am really impressed. thank you Paolo. Twinsquirrel it will soon fly by....too soon....nice to hear form you. Dickdasterdly40 Tracy Tools have moved from Dartmouth now. They relocated to the outskirts of Torquay, near an out of town shopping centre called the Willows. Brass_machine thanks for your comment on the chess set, very kind. I can see already what you mean about a club! Thanks Tim, I will be interested in your comments. That goes for everyone really. Constructive criticism makes for better quality I find.

Thank you Rake60 and Powder Keg. I did join another forum 6 or 7 months ago and no one replied at all, let alone in such a short time. Bodes well for the future. ;D

;D Hi Metal or do you prefer Mr Mickey ?

Welcome to the friendliest site on the net. they're a great bunch, don't tell them too much about how wonderful it is here on the south coast, We don't want too many people discovering it is really the centre of the universe. I am sure you will find loads to interest you on here, it becomes addictive.

Welcome

Kind regards

Malcolm

Either, makes no difference as long as you don't call me late for tea! :bow:

Ahh !

A true brit, where would we be without our tea !

Malc

Latest posts

Back