another new guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millwrong

Reaction score
Greetings from the frozen Canadian prairies! I'm a millwright by trade, also did a stint as a motor rewinder/controls guy. These days I mostly hang out in my basement shop, and make endless tooling for the projects that I can't remember what the original tooling was for! Chips ahoy! :-X

Welcome, welcome. Love the basement shop, got one of my own. So tooling huh? Lets see some pictures of it. ;D I kinda have a tooling fetish (as do others here, just look at mklotz's fan club).

:D

Eric

Ahh, I hate making tooling. Keeps me from making engines!

Truth be told, I wish I had the patience to make the odd handy tool. It would save so much time in the long run, and I wouldn't need to do it twice all the time.

Welcome to the board!

Another Eric

Welcome to the board. I know all about the frozen Canadian prairies. I was shoveling snow on Tuesday in -44 in Leduc Alberta. I really appreciate my basement shop. I can't afford to heat my garage with an 8 x 16 door that has to open on occasion.

More snow to shovel today but it has warmed up to -30! Let us know what you are making.

AllThumbs said:
Ahh, I hate making tooling. Keeps me from making engines!
I'm the same way.. except once I make a tool instead of whatever make-do hack I'd been using I usually then think "why didn't I make one of these years ago?" :-\

Millwrong:

Welcome to the board... nice to see another canuck! You and Stan should come on east to Montreal. It's a balmy -20 (including wind chill) so you could wear your summer stuff. Bring you shovel Stan, supposed to get up to a foot of the white stuff tomorrow.

Joe

Hi MillWrong,

Welcome to board. I like your moniker! Ahhh, tooling... how about those times when your current project needs a tool, that needs another tool, that needs another tool... ???

Chuck

Aaarrrrrrr, surrender the tooling booty mate! We want pictures so that we may pirate yer brilliant ideas! Haaaarrrrrrr!!!

Welcome,

BW

joe d:I moved from the Montreal area in 1950 and still have a few relatives there. I will give you a call if I ever get there again but I won't be bringing a snow shovel.

Back