Another new guy planning first engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WisJim

Reaction score
I'm retired in Western Wisconsin USA and am finally getting a shop finished so I can install and start using my accumulation of hobbyist metal working machines. I've taken a few sessions of evening machine shop classes at the local university until they stopped offering them so I have an idea of how to do things but not a lot of recent experience. I've hoped to start with a simple steam engine, so I will be looking at lots of posts here and elsewhere, and probably asking questions too.

Jim

Welcome Jim. a simple wobbler steam engine was my first runner. not that i have many runners under my belt but at least 2 wobblers were my first ones. very forgiving and fun to build and run.

Welcome Wis Jim
I live only about 50 miles from you to the SouthWest in Buffalo City. My daughter lives in Connersville which is just west of you. A wobbler was my first engine also, even though I had worked in a machine shop for 44 years and just recently retired. Lots of difference machining something that weighted pounds or tons compared to the projects now.

Latest posts

Back