Another metal turner from Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teza

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My name is Terry, I live in the Manning Valley on the mid north coast of NSW Australia. I've allways had an interest in mechanical things and a few years ago bought my first lathe, set up a workshop and started to turn good metal into useless swarf ???. If I can ever learn to say NO to all the guys that want me to build this, fix that or modify something else :'(, I would like to try my hand at model engine building :D.

So thank you to those with the forsight and generosity to start and maintain this forum :bow:.

Terry

Welcome Terry!

build this, fix that or modify something else? You're pretty much in the same boat as all of us then, never mind - it's all good experience!

Terry,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Terry, welcome to our Forum. Lots of good people and information here. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Hi Swarfdweller
Welcome to the forum.

Hello from the West Coast Terry, glad to have you aboard

Brock

Hello from Tamworth. Whereabouts in the Manning Valley do you live? I happen to have some relatives living over you're way in Old Bar, just out of Taree.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys,
Kaleb said:
Hello from Tamworth. Whereabouts in the Manning Valley do you live? I happen to have some relatives living over you're way in Old Bar, just out of Taree.
Hi Kaleb, I'm at Wingham just west of Taree.
Cheers
Terry

Welcome to the forum Terry. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your work. The talent of this forum amazes me and there is always someone willing to lend a hand (advice ;-) . On this side of the pond those "build this, modify that, fix something else" are sometimes referred to as "government jobs" or G jobs. I have found two things regarding doing them for people. 1. there are no quick G jobs. 2. The reward for completing one is always "Thanks, now I have this other thing...". Since every metal turner that has been making swarf for more than a month has a big scrap box, A good response is to tell them to just put it in there and you will get to it later.

Harold

Hi Harold,
Thank you for the welcome, I hear what your saying about the G jobs, as always the reward for hard work is more hard work *club*

Terry

Hi Terry, wEc1 from Coffs Harbour.

Ian (seagar).

Welcome Terry,

I'm a newby here too, and was born/schooled in Wingham! I'm still collecting tooling for my mill - no construction yet.

Allan (Moore)

G'day Ian and Allan,
Nice group of Aussies here.
How long since you left Wingham Allan?
Terry

HI Terry Welcome I am from the south coast Ulladulla

steam5
Charles

Hi Terry
Just north of Brissy here :)
Pete

July 1961 Terry - joined the Navy. All family now gone. Snow Trenchard the butcher was a schoolmate.

Allan

Back