Another hit & miss engine (Depenbusch)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

airbus

For those interested this was my first engine build about 3 years ago, 1 1/8 x 1 1/2" stroke.

P2250028a.jpg

Airbus:
Good looking engine. I built one back in the 80's and Took it on vacation with us and had my Dad help get it started. He had been restoring the actual full size antique engines for many years but I didn't have room to work on the "big" stuff so I built models. The directions were clear and quite easy to follow and the start up was not too bad, we had it running in probably less than 1 hour. The hardest part for me was the governor arms fitting into the ring to operate the exhaust valve correctly
S3500013-1.jpg

It is a good runner but kept on the shelf most of the time.
Good for you------don

Airbus,

Very nice :bow: :bow:

I am about 1/2 way with this engine and as Don says the fiddly bits around the governor are finicky to say the least.

How did you find this part of the build ???

Best Regards
Bob

Hello,
Reply to Maryak,
There was a bit of fooling around with the pivot position for the govenor arm, I had to alter it to fit.
I may have put the pivot in the wrong position, but did not bother to check as you know the pivot is on the end the timing gear shaft.

I seem to remenber there was a problem with the height dimension on one of the body parts.

Great little engine but I need to remember to keep an eye on the Oil feed to cylinder when I play with it.

Regards to all.

Back