Another Georgia Newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TaxPhd

Greetings from Monroe, Georgia!

I am a complete metal working newbie (the one semester metal shop class I had in 7th grade nearly 30 years ago doesn't count). I originally got interested in machining due to wanting to do some of my own gunsmithing (1911's and AR-15's). With all the research I was doing, I found this site, and I'm hooked. All I can say is Wow! The machines that you guys are making are just incredible, and I want to learn how to make them.

I've learned a lot reading on this site, and I hope you will tolerate the total newbie questions that I am certainly going to be asking.

Scott

(Modified because I couldn't remember how long ago 7th grade was. Doh!)

welcome scott ;D

ask all the questions you want, this group of guys will have more answers than you will know what to do with :eek:

chuck

Welcome to the club Scott!

Ask all the questions you want.

Eric

Welcome Scott,
Just down the road from you in Conyers

Scott
Ya really gotta watch those two. No telling what they might drag you into...LOL

Steve
Greenville SC

Welcome Scott, you have landed on a very friendly and knowledgeable bunch, just don't bounce to high!

Cedge said:
Scott
Ya really gotta watch those two. No telling what they might drag you into...LOL

Steve
Greenville SC

Steve,

George has already dragged me into it. ;) He invited me to visit his shop tonight, and when I got there, he had all the basic materials all ready for me to start work on a rotary valve engine (the cover engine from the June/July '08 edition of Machinist's Workshop). We got the engine block squared up and cut to size, and the crankshaft bore done. In the process, I learned A LOT. A number of things I had only read about on the net would have been VERY difficult to figure out on my own. Nothing beats having someone with experience to show you how it's done.

Thanks, George!

Scott

Back