That email should work.
He seems hesitant to post here (IMHO) to promote his work.
I have been emailing him.
Not to hijack this thread. Dave Perreault apparently researched the original patents for the differential and figured it out and built one. He used to (maybe still does) offer castings for it. Have a look here.
It is the small one like in this thread. I am a little bit disjointed because the lines are light grey and hard to see with my old eyes. The dimensions are dark but the main part line are very light. I suspect that he made the drawing with the lines some color and then printed in greyscale. That is what my cad drawings look like so I either print in color or all lines to black.There are thougts against using an E motor to run in the rings .
The pressure of the combustion should seat and wear in the rings .
Offcourse if there's no combustion possible due to ring leakage ....
I've also been told by a professional engine rebuilder that changing rings
without honing the clinder is pointless . The "rough" spiral surface left by the honing
works as an abrasive and wears in the rings . Altough it sounds logical , don't know if this is true .
I've changed rings on countless occasions without honing and never had bad results .
Let's hope you have a runner .
@Gordon , is that the full size or the mini plans you've got .
I just received the plans for this from Dave Perreault. I have not had a chance to look too closely yet but the instructions say that you have to run it for 4 or 5 hours with an electric motor to get the rings seated properly.I am not too sure that I want to get into another engine which takes a lot of fussy tweaking.
I assume that the drawings are accurate. Ken redrew them and found only one minor error. The problem is the quality of the printing. Due to the lines being greyscale they are hard to read. If I do make one of these I will also probably redraw them in cad but I frequently do that with my projects.Oh no. Shades of Gingery. I hope it isn't so. Also disappointing on the poor quality of the drawings. I hate that.
I guess Ken did the right thing redrawing them.
A picture would be a great addition to your 'elegant' solution. Elegant IMHO, is simple, efficient & effective.I made an adapter from 1/4-32 to whatever is on the end of the hose of a standard compression gauge. I added an o-ring above the threads so you don't have to crank down on it and possibly damage the head of the engine (since there generally aren't many threads).