annoying pop up.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeltapper

Reaction score
Hi
can someone tell me why, every time I come on this site and click on 'NEW POSTS' I get this thing.

any ideas?

Roy.

Looks to me like it's trying to download more adverts. Also, looks like you're not signed in. I don't see the ad showing behind the popup.
You can add the website shown to your hosts file in windows to block adds. Google "editing the hosts file" for more info.

Chuck

I think that is local to your computer. You need to check your extensions and properties for your browser.

http://www.google.com/doubleclick/ is a Google advertisement program. You should check to see if you have any "toolbars" installed and uninstall those pesky things.

If you use Firefox, get Adblocker and all the ads and popup are gone forever.

The only one it doesnt get is the serepton thing that recently started appearing in the header for this forum. Apparently that is coming from the forum owners and is built in to the forum, not the more common ad sources.

Hi
I am always signed in, I must have cropped the part of the page that shows it.
I use Opera and there is only one extension and thats Avast security.plus, it only happens on this site when I click on new posts.
Roy.

The only one it doesnt get is the serepton thing that recently started appearing in the header for this forum. Apparently that is coming from the forum owners and is built in to the forum, not the more common ad sources.

I don't see any, ever :D
(and I don't use any ad blockers Thm: )

Latest posts

Back