American Flag Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popnrattle

Reaction score
Recent disrespect:mad: for Old Glory, the National Anthem, our Veterans, Police, and whatever else certain anti-anything American groups feel they need to protest inspired me to paint one of my engines with a resemblance of the American Flag.:thumbup:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVBOBXAM1U[/ame]

Last edited:
Popnrattle: That is great, Thank You for your patriotism and it is a great engine. don

Keep the politics out of it. Tell us about how you went to the Veterans Hospital, Boys & Girls Club, etc., and taught the vets and underprivileged kids how to machine or run said engine. That'd be more meaningful than plastering the US flag on an oily engine.

Keep the politics out of it. Tell us about how you went to the Veterans Hospital, Boys & Girls Club, etc., and taught the vets and underprivileged kids how to machine or run said engine. That'd be more meaningful than plastering the US flag on an oily engine.

I agree, lets not turn this refuge into a political site.

Mark T

had no intentions to offend you....the oily is recommended for lubrication and further authenticates the miniatures with the full size ones that sling it!

WELL i love it and if it ofends people screw them. YUP. personaly im sick and tired of this offending B/S ok im done with the political crap. Thats a very nice display piece.

Thanks to all that appreciate the Old Glory engine. Have a Happy New Year! Later, RT.
To paint the stars on engine side-plates and spokes i used a 75 watt laser to cut little stars in a piece of cardboard, then after the blue paint dried i used the template to spray the stars. The same laser cut the clear acrylic to cut the engine base parts. I use Autocad 99.9% of the time to make sketches and Inventor if i need to make a 3-D part.

Last edited:
Personally, I like to see the flag as often as possible.
Great Engine Nice work...!

If the flag was OK on GHWBush's train, it sure fits here! Beautiful running engine, beautifully painted. As a Disabled American Vet. I love to see Old Glory, my wife has her model horses many with the flag on them all over the house. Nuff said!! Let's get back to "modeling and sharing" , leave politically correct to the politicians.....

Latest posts

Back