am i allowd to sell my boiler

Discussion in 'HMEM Forum Support & Suggestions' started by barnymcgrew, Nov 15, 2018.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Nov 15, 2018 #1

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

hi
    i have a boiler that i made, but never use it, its been siting on a table for 2 yrs and have lost interest in the hobby it would be better if it cold be put to some use. i dont know if im allowed to sell it or what. i have loads off picts and video off it being built and has been hydraulically tested, have video to show .it also has a burner for it. would be grateful for any advice.

thanks dave.....

Attached Files:

2. Nov 15, 2018 #2

werowance

werowance

werowance

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

its a nice looking boiler. I cant speak to the laws of selling a home built boiler or anything and this looks like your first post as well so I don't know what the admins would say - if anything about posting it in the for sale forum but i'd be interested in knowing what your price is for it and from what country if you want to pm me about it.

3. Nov 15, 2018 #3

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

hi werowance
    im not trying to sell it here, im just want some advice if im allowed to sell it. i should have said as well that the boiler as only been tested by me not by a boiler inspector.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  4. Nov 15, 2018 #4

Brian Rupnow

Brian Rupnow

Brian Rupnow

Well-Known Member Project of the Month Winner

I believe you can sell it, but only as an "as is" item. The trick part comes when some unknowing fool buys it, fires it up, and manages thru carelessness or misadventure to blow it up and scalds or blinds himself. Then you will have many lawyers with long sharp teeth suing your arse off.

5. Nov 15, 2018 #5

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

barnymcgrew

thanks brian thats what i was thinking also. but does the same apply to say a shop bought with a inspectors certificate. only asking

6. Nov 15, 2018 #6

bazmak

bazmak

bazmak

BAZMAK HMEM Supporter

Acurrent inspection certificate is the key