Alibre Tutorial files, cannot open??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazylathe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem...
Bought Alibre for the 99 bucks, it was too good of a deal to pass up!
I have Solidworks on a laptop that i can borrow from work to design on, so i am still learning that.
But i wanted one i could have at home all the time, so Alibre it is!
I am trying to open the tutorial files that come with the program.
They download fine to the desktop but i cannot open them.
They are .stp files.
I have tried searching the internet and downloaded a few programs, none of them want to open the files!

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

I purchased the $99 program some time ago but haven't used it much. I had the free version to begin with so when I purchased it I did it over the phone with an Alibre rep. He merely upgraded the free version.
Later when I tried using the program I had all kinds of problems. I contacted Alibre again and the rep downloaded a program to get into my computer. He discovered the the Alibre program did not download properly. He walked me through another download and the program worked OK. Alibre rep was very cooperative good to work with. You might try that route as they really know their stuff and are easy to work with.

I hope to learn the program this winter.

lazylathe said:
Hi,

I have a problem...
Bought Alibre for the 99 bucks, it was too good of a deal to pass up!
I have Solidworks on a laptop that i can borrow from work to design on, so i am still learning that.
But i wanted one i could have at home all the time, so Alibre it is!
I am trying to open the tutorial files that come with the program.
They download fine to the desktop but i cannot open them.
They are .stp files.
I have tried searching the internet and downloaded a few programs, none of them want to open the files!

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Ive also got the $99 'special', Im having no problem viewing the tutorials, but, mine simply open, no need to save to the desktop etc, just click and view. This is for both the menu bar tutorial and the tutorial button on the right hand bottom of the page.

Hope you can sort it out. Im very inexperienced with this stuff (until recently I thought CAD was cardboard aided design...oops), but find it quite ok to use. Just dont use it ENOUGH for it all to become second nature.

Im using Vista (if thats any help), goo dluck, artie.

Latest posts

Back