alibre questions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammers-n-nails

Reaction score
i have seen where several members on here use alibre cad what do you all think of it. im downloading the trial right now. the home page says the standard version is $197 until 12/31 but then on another page it says $999 anyone know whats going on, surely they arent selling it $800 off, i must be missing something. thanks

zach

I bought the Pro version for about $150 using an educational discount so they are willing to discount very deeply. From what I've seen, the $200 deal is real. I have no previous CAD experience and have found Alibre easy and fun to use. It does way more than I'll ever know what to do with. So for me, it was worth the money.

Hope that helps,

Peter

i played around with it last night and i cant figure out how to draw to scale, even when i set the scale at the startup screen everything i draw is full scale on the page, can anyone help me out. i also cant get the instructional videos to work, if i could ever figure out how to use this program i think it would be great, im lost.

Are you trying to draw in 2d or are you creating 3d parts to place into a assembly, Ive been playing with Alibre a while now an achieved some good results. I may be able to give you a few pointers.

First off for a good place to start, begin by opening a new part drawing, then on the upper task bar have a look for the help menu, then click on tutorials. A new window should open, from there have a look at the tutorial on introduction to sketching and constraints this should give you a nice introduction to the main layout of the design space and menus. After that modeling a simple part is a good tutorial to go through, it will show you the basics of positioning and 3d sketching.

From there i just had a play round on resorted to the help menu when i found myself stuck.

The best bit comes when you have a 3d model draw up, you just open up a drawing screen and pick and place the view you want then dimension up.

PM me and ill try help you out as much as i can. :)

Latest posts

Back