Alibre offering an inexpensive version of their MCAD program, Atom3D

Discussion in 'Software and Programming' started by editor123, Oct 10, 2018.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Oct 10, 2018 #1

editor123

editor123

editor123

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

Alibre has released a low-cost version of Alibre Design called Atom3D. Right now anyone can use it for 30 days at no cost and then pay the $200 license fee if they like it. It is a permanent license unlike most other CAD programs that expect you to pay a maintenance fee or the program quits.

I've been using Alibre since 2005, mainly because I could learn it easily and afford it.
    I have no relationship right now with Alibre except for being a satisfied customer. I am discussing with them an opportunity to offer a six-month free trial of Atom3D for our subscribers as part of a long-term effort to discuss how to use Alibre to design an engine or a part for 3D printing. Nothing definite yet.
    I think Alibre is much easier to learn that Fusion360 or SolidWorks, both of which I have.

2. Oct 10, 2018 #2

Jasonb

Jasonb

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!! Project of the Month Winner

Model Engineer's Workshop readers will get a 6month free trial of Atom3D starting with issue 274

J

PS any idea when the next issue of MEB will be out?

3. May 9, 2019 #3

Ivan Winters

Ivan Winters

Ivan Winters

Model Engineer's Workshop also has a very interesting forum giving great support to anyone using Alibre Atom3D.

Alibre also has a very friendly forum.

Finally if you log onto Bob Warfield's site https://www.cnccookbook.com/ he also has a 6 month free trial of Atom 3D

HTH