Alibre drops prices

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonGinger

Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from Alibre that they are permanently dropping the price on their software, including the maintenance.

Here is a cut from that message:

At Alibre, our mission has always been to offer the best value in the CAD industry, and to enable as many people as possible to use this technology. The primary thing standing in the way has been price. We are removing that barrier.

We plan a very aggressive, but simple and direct appeal to the 3D CAD market. We will combine Alibre Design Standard with Alibre Translate and sell it for only $97. This is a product that everyone who works with CAD should have, that will pay for itself after a single use.

In addition, we're decreasing prices for Alibre Design Professional and Expert, as well as all software maintenance prices permanently. This isn't a promotion or a gimmick - all Alibre Design software and maintenance prices as of February 1st will be reduced to:

* - Alibre Design Standard - $97 software, $97 maintenance
* - Alibre Design Professional - $497 software, $147 maintenance
* - Alibre Design Expert - $997 software, $197 maintenance

I've had Alibre for a couple years and like it a lot. This price cut really makes it a good choice for lots of hobby guys.

Do you -have- to buy the maintenance too? Otherwise 97 clams is not bad.

Maintenance is optional, but if you dont buy it you dont get support or upgrades. But as I understand you get a fully functional package with no expiration, so you can use it forever.

I purchased v 11 when it went on sale several moths back. Just before the v 12 release. I like it.
Tin

I upgrade from v11 to v12 with maintenance for $147.00. I got the version 12.1 last week and I get the new version when it comes out sometime early summer. I am getting along with this program very well....

deere_x475guy said:
I am getting along with this program very well....

Yes but can you do this???!!! Haahahahha!!!

untitled.JPG

I've had Alibre for several years and paid a bunch for the Design level package, not to mention the cost of maintenance. I enjoy using Alibre and it makes the 2D drawings for the shop a snap to knock out as the dimensioning is really quick.

Great bargain at current prices and at least I can take advantage of the price drop to keep my maintenance up.

Regards,

Chuck

Latest posts

Back