Algonquin Mill Fall Festival

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenTwin

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to the Algonquin Mill Fall Festival ?

A casting buddy of mine lives in the area, so I am going to try and attend.

Image259.jpg

That is a nice sawmill, and last time I saw it operating, it was being powered by a Baker Uniflow.

Algonquin is such a nice laid-back show, and does not seem to have everything roped off and inaccessible like I have seen some of the big shows become.

This was 2018.

I set off for Algonquin next Friday.

It will be an all-day drive for me.

If all goes well, I will survive the journey, and get to meet up with old (young) friends, and see some nice engines.

I had a great time at the Algonquin show last weekend.

It is a very casual show, in the hills of Ohio, and I really like the laid-back atmosphere, and the very friendly folks who attend.

I got to catch up with some old friends of mine.
I have not attended a show since I can remember, perhaps 2018, or maybe NAMES in 2019.

COVID turned over the apple cart for many shows for years, and some shows may never come back.

I did not take many photos, but instead just chatted with friends and exhibitors, and ate some great food.
The weather was spectacular, and the trees very scenic in color.

r_124339.jpg
r_124845.jpg
r_150327.jpg

That looked like a nice show ! When I saw Algonquin, I thought it was in Canada. (Algonquin Provincial Park) Used to camp there as a youngster.

Little did I know it is only about 1 1/2 hours from me. I think I will go next year.

Scott

Latest posts

Back