A small little update to the AL-320 lathe. The standard saddle locking system is a plan old hex head bolt into the saddle clamp. Which is fine but it is a pain to keep reaching for a spanner. So I decided I didn't want to keep doing that. The general concept is to make a replacement bolt with a shaped top that has a handle coming out of it. Here is the result. Turned from a single piece of 18mm free machining steel. Shaft is 6mm and threaded M6 for half its length, with length being 40mm. The head large diameter is 16mm and top small diam is 8mm. Length of the sloping face is about 10.5mm. The hole is tapped M8 to a depth of about 7mm. Everything polished up with 250 then 400 grit wet and dry paper. Finished part with the handle installed. Installed in the lathe. The handle is put after the bolt/screw is installed. This is shown in the unlocked position. Locked is with the handle point down the ways to the tailstock end. This is still out of the way of the power handle which points in the same direction when engaging the cross-slide. Cheers, James.