Air powered Hit and Miss Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Here is my air hit and miss. I usually build I.C. engines, but I have trouble keeping them all running at the same time at the shows.
This will run all day with minimal adjustments, and it makes the right sounds and movements!
It was designed by Chuck Fellows, and the plans were updated by Brian Rupnow.
The plans can be downloaded from this site https://www.homemodelenginemachinis...e-as-built-by-brian-rupnow.29267/#post-307097
Enjoy!
Cheepo45 (Scott)

Nice ! I will make it someday
Thank Brian Rupnow for share plan !

Beautiful job on that engine. Thanks for mentioning my name. It's great that you got the governor added. I never got that far on my original engine.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck!
I appreciate your compliment.
Someday, (after retirement-still a few years to go!) I hope to design my own engines.
This was a fun build-I can watch it run for hours!
Scott

That's very nice, and it does indeed sound as it should.

Thanks, Brian, for sharing the plans, and Scott, for showing us the finished product.

Beautiful motor, runs and sounds a treat.:) I have this on my to built list before attempting an IC engine.

I am just starting to build this engine now. Is there a build log for it anywhere?

There are several build logs for this engine.
Search "Rupnow air hit and miss"
Enjoy building it-I sure did!
Scott

Hey Scott thanks for the help. I searched and I could not see any build log. I can find the post for the plans but that’s it.

I should have said search on Google. The first thing that came up for me was "Brian Rupnow build-air/steam hit and miss engine" I hope you can find it-there is a lot of great information available there.
Scott

Latest posts

Back