After 9 years, this engine is completed, and working.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobby

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hello, The Holy Spirit, spoke to my heart, saying for me to continue working on this engine I started 9 years ago, so as to complete what I started, and not abandon it just because I couldn't get it to work the first time.

The reason I couldn't get it to work the first time was I had very flimsy crankshaft journals made and no support in the middle between cylinders.
Now I made rigid crankshaft journals, and took the time to machine some parts to make a rigid middle support for the crankshaft to ride on top of, and did some lapping compound where the two met and now a very smooth running engine.

Here is a video of it working properly now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the utube version, just in case the above did not show up on video.

Following is the link to where I did a "work in progress" series of building this engine on this forum.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/single-valve-vee-twin-comp-air-eng.22508/

Nice running engine.
I have found that sometimes one has to step away, take a break, and regroup.

Its great that you stuck with it and got it working.
Runs great !
Congrats.

I like the multi-sized pully you have on the output shaft. I never thought of that.
GreenTwin, I agree with stepping away from a project for a while. I usually have 3-4 projects
going at once. I get stuck or tired of one, and move to another for a while.

What a beautiful and unusual little machine, I am glad you persevered and finished it.

It reminds me a little of the old "Stuart Sirius" engine. But your open V twin arrangement is much better looking, even if it flings oil everywhere, (that is part of the fun with these little engines ) .

Regards Mark

Last edited:
Back