Advice on boiler size

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gedeon: But the engine needs a good load to be able to use all the steam you suggest! - For someone one, it can be daunting telling them to make a boiler, fittings, coal management, a dyno or generator for loading the engine, etc... Colin just wants some steam to see it run initially, I think? - One step at a time?
K2

Thanks for the continuing comments and advice on boiler size. You are right K2 ,I do not have the skill or equipment to make my own boiler. As mentioned in an earlier post I have put the Stuart triple aside for awhile to earn some $ restoring a customer's Honda S600 to pay for my NEW 12x36 King lathe that arrived on Friday . Can't wait to get it set up in basement shop. It will be at least 2 weeks before ground dries enough to get forklift to back door.A Canadian spring time problem. Colin

I can't believe that a fellows building a triple expansion engine don't have the skill to build a little boiler such this one...which would animate a large engine at a nice pace with a simple alcohol burner with 3 wicks.
I suggest a more powerful burner, to limit the condensation of steam in the third cylinder with saturated steam.

Chaudière pour mon petit 055.png

Latest posts

Back