Adjustable angle plate

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im impressed with the practicality of your device. In my shop I use a two axis vise which proves to be very stable. I use it mostly on my in principle very versatile Aciera F3 milling machine to avoid the time-consuming precise resetting of milling table and head. For grinding I made a sinus table. On the side supports I engraved a nonius for easy setting of angles up to a tenth of a degree. The material is aluminium, hard anodized for better wear resistance. It sits with a key on the T-slot of my grinder table. I use it with a toolholder or with an indexer for mills.
View attachment 125841View attachment 125842View attachment 125843View attachment 125844
Basically my smal vice has another degree of freedom but my Otts Copy of a vertical slide has the abilty to add probably might be an almost Fourth dimension because it has calibrated divding and graduation and has the ability to measure in `all planes and the ability to take the normal complement of Myford chucks and three different face p[;ates and what ever tooling to be fit number 2 Morse taper shanks.
As it stands, the only thing is the ability to tirn or grind eccentric work but the spindle os a standsrd 1 inch whick allows it to remove the normal one inch spindle and add or remove articles originally for the Quorn ( which I made), or the Stent or the very basic Kennet grinder. I have both!
It is one of those machines which has only one fault-------------ME:confused:

A friend of mine who does CNC easily surpasses any simple engraving I'm able to do. He can make the most beautiful clock dials, with look-alike handlettering, controlling the width of the line with the depth of cut. And a tooling set-up that closely follows the surface of the never fully flat dial.

A friend of mine who does CNC easily surpasses any simple engraving I'm able to do. He can make the most beautiful clock dials, with look-alike handlettering, controlling the width of the line with the depth of cut. And a tooling set-up that closely follows the surface of the never fully flat dial.

A bad worker blames his tools. I always buy new tools and then I run out of excuses.
That is when you realise that besides some common misunderstanding CNC is not only pushing buttons. 😢

Cheers :cool:

Back