Aciera f1 CNC

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis071

Junior Member - not exactly
Reaction score
Hi

Recently I became owner of Aciera F1 CNC in original this machine was NC but with recent conversion, now is CNC ruining on Mach3.

Since I am novice in this craft, if anyone can tell me if this machine is useful for machine modeling?

Tnx Elvis

I would say you have a gem there. learn how to use her and will make fine small parts. looks like a great machine to make gears on. Was it complete with accessories.

th_wwp

I am guessing looks like this
img4.jpg

info on that machine here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/aciera/

Tin

Maybe with a more modern control system though Tin! Not much need for reel-to-reel program storing these days.

cheers, Ian

I expect that is an old original promo photo . he did say the nc was upgraded to mach 3 cnc.
Tin

I'm envious! I've only ever used their manual machines, but they were a delight to use. Not for heavy work, but light and accurate are great.

Thank you very much for yours advice's. Yes the machine was updated so now all " brain" is on stand himself ( PC).

I will try do do something like gears or other manually complicated positions.

I was all ready made some kind of dividing knob ( engraving).

The work space of machine is not small, I mean for models of machine is quite enough, or I am wrong?

Elvis

Elvis : relax learn to use the machine and enjoy the learning.
Check out the Mach 3 mill wizards . They are a little extra money but add conversational programming to the mach.
Do not worry about size. I think that machine is fine for most if not all of Elmer's engines.

Most of us in the states(USA) struggle with the humble Chinese x-2 and would love to have a machine of that quality.

Join the Mach 3 forum . And do not be afraid to ask questions here.
I have a friend with Sherline tools . It took him a while to get started making models . Once he founds his stride he build several fine small modes.
Tin

Tin,

Thanks for your support, I will do my best to commence with learning.
Fortunately, my best friend and neighbor are CNC machine builder ( http://www.youtube.com/user/JASKO1111111111?feature=watch)
So concerning MACH or some other software I hope that i will have strong support.

Please, what you propose me for first project.( I understand that it is difficult question).

PS. I am in negotiation to buy one ACIERA F3 (of course not CNC)

Elvis

Hi Elvis,
i am just new here on this Forum. ( hallo all ! )
because i have seen your thread.
i comming from Germany. (sorry for my bad english)
i am also a owner of a Aciera F1 NC (not working jet-still stored) and i am looking for a turningaxis like yours.
maybe you know to find one ?
or maybe you are going to sell yours ?
will be happy to here from you,
or some other user here.
best regards to all
Uwe

Hi Uwe

In fact, it is work of friend of my, he is professional CNC router/laser/engraving machine builder.

I think that it is possible to ensemble whole " brain" and send to you.

To reduce costs it is better to use your PC.

You will need just to connect the step motors wires and plug into USB or Parallel port of your PC.

probably it is the simplest solution due to weight of the machine and transport costs.

BR

Elvis

Hi Uwe

In fact, it is work of friend of my, he is professional CNC router/laser/engraving machine builder.

I think that it is possible to ensemble whole " brain" and send to you.

To reduce costs it is better to use your PC.

You will need just to connect the step motors wires and plug into USB or Parallel port of your PC.

probably it is the simplest solution due to weight of the machine and transport costs.

BR

Elvis
Hi Elvis,
thanks for your mail and your openes to give some help.
please take a look at the picture (i have copy yours )and took a red circuel arount the part i am looking for.
if you (or your friend) are goining to sell this part, i would be happy about.
let me know please.
for the elektric/computer control staff my friend is on the way to help me.
so this is cleared allready.
thanks for your offer about this.
will be happy to here from you.

best regards
Uwe

picture.png

Uwe

Unfortunately I have just one drive for 4-th axes, and he is irreplaceable for engraving on radius like shape.

If I can help you in any other way please let me know.

Hi Elvis,
ok i understand.
pity for me.
You have a idea how i can find one ?

best Regards
Uwe

I am new proprietor of Aciera F1 milling machine, actually it was in unique just NC device with large , something like pc. Now the device was transformed to CNC with included PC in one of take a position of device himself. I made several of image just to demonstrate this written text. Since I am new i this sector and I would like to develop some table design device, My query is if any whole body now if is this device are useful for design machining?

Back