Accessory engine parts.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed miles

Reaction score
I have been wongering where you guys buy accessory parts such as water level gauges, pressure gauges, small valves, piston rings and other items. The only two sources I have found is Coles and Little Machine Shop. I have bought from both of them but found problems with our Canadian Customs Dept. getting them over here in some cases, depending on what the parts were. Does any one know of any distributors like this in Canada that carry similar lines.

Ed

ED:
You can check these guys out I have purchased a couple of kits from them as well as fly wheels etc. Good folks.

PM Research W Niles NY.
http://www.pmresearchinc.com/

As far as customs maybe you need to change declaration say instead of engine parts or boiler accessories say they are model parts or model accessories. For some reason some words classifications get more attention.
Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it. IMPO generic terms such as hardware. will get less attention.
for instance if you try to get a variance for a business in a residential neighborhood a machine shop is a bad word a model shop is OK.

Good luck
Tin

To the Tinfalcon, thanks for the lead. I am headed for down to PA. to visit a friend near Allentown. I will be able to stop in to see them on the return trip since Wellsville is a minor detour off the Mapquest routing homeward bound. This is great.

Regards Ed Miles

Ed:
Maybe you can do Cabin Fever http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/ It is a great show in York PA in January Next Show 19 -20 Jan 2008. I am usually there. PM research is one of the vendors.

I would call PM ahead I do not know if they have a retail setup but I am sure they would put an order together for pickup .
Jim

Latest posts

Back