A two cylinder mill engine under construction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,
It does self start every time. I put the cranks 90 degrees apart as you did. I've put 30 minutes on the engine and now I can get it to self start now around 15 psi, then I can set the regulator down to about 5 psi. It's a great runner. I'll shortly have two videos of it posted as I've got the timing down pretty well.

Cheers,
Phil

OK, got the timing issues taken care of. I’ve got about 30 minutes on the engine at 40 psi and at that pressure she goes pretty fast:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNm50TgQk4[/ame]

Next, I cut the pressure to the engine in stages down to a little over 5 psi, at which point she goes over pretty slow:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=743NksKv53U[/ame]

I guess that’s the end of this thread for me. Thanks to everyone for offering support and encouragement. With you all looking over my shoulder I had to keep my coffee breaks to a minimum and so I finished up sooner than I thought. It’s fun to conceptualize a machine and then go build it.

Since no one commented on it I’ll mention it here. The Wriggly’s Doublemint gum wrapper that I put in many of the photos was meant to remind me of that old song advertising this product. I often hummed it to myself when making two parts of the same thing:

“Double your pleasure, double your fun, with doublemint, doublemint gum” :big: :big: :big:

Cheers,
Phil

Phil,

Bloody Marvellous
yippie.gif
099.gif

My heartfelt congratulations :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Philjoe5 said:
The Wriggly’s Doublemint gum wrapper that I put in many of the photos was meant to remind me of that old song ...............

“Double your pleasure, double your fun, with doublemint, doublemint gum” :big: :big: :big:

::) and there I was thinking what a dam good way to convey the overall size of the engine ............ never thought of singing along ........ till now .......... now I can't get the dam tune out of mi' head ;D

Dam fine job Phil, it looks and runs very well :bow:

CC

Philjoe--I've been looking at earlier posts, but I can't find it---What is the bore and stroke on your engine.?--Brian

Thanks guys. It's been great fun.

Brian: bore x stroke is 1.00" x 1.38"

Cheers,
Phil

Great work,thank you for sharing it with us.

Ian.

Latest posts

Back