A TEST FOR OLDER KIDS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I can remember some of the most ridiculous stuff from years ago, but can't remember what I had for breakfast

Amen to that K, I know exactly how you feel.

BC1
Jim

ksouers said:
For some reason I can remember some of the most ridiculous stuff from years ago, but can't remember what I had for breakfast

I can relate to that as well.
I can remember drinking Ovaltine at breakfast time 40 years ago.
I even pretended I liked it! All of the super stars of that time seemed to.

Rick

cobra428 said:
Kevin YES you get a gold star.....man I could not come up with the shows name.......now what was the guys name ......something Steed

Tony

I think it might have been Remington

Tel: You might be thinking of Remington Steele. In the Avengers it was John Steed, not sure why I remember him since Diana Rigg as the side-kick was certainly more interesting... :big:

Joe

She always wore such nice sweaters ;) As if anyone would have noticed that.

BC1
Jim

... AND filled 'em out rather nicely as well.

bearcar1 said:
She always wore such nice sweaters ;) As if anyone would have noticed that.

BC1
Jim

I kinda liked the leather bodysuit myself, BC ;D

rake60 said:
I can remember drinking Ovaltine at breakfast time 40 years ago.
I even pretended I liked it! All of the super stars of that time seemed to.
Rick

Now, that brings up an old memory. Not about Ovaltine, but about wanting to do things like the people we saw on TV.

Popeye always ate spinach from a can. I was a small guy, and insisted to my mom that I loved spinach too, straight from the can. I guess I bugged her enough that one day she just opened up a can and gave it to me. I shoveled a great spoonful into my mouth, got it about halfway down, and threw up all over the floor.

After that, I just stuck to tying a large bath towel 'cape' around my neck and jumping off the backyard fence. Mighty Mouse or Superman, but no more Popeye. I often had sprained ankles, but it didn't make me throw up.

Dean

How many of you OWNED a transistor radio?
You know, with the hard plastic ear plug that made the music
sound like it was coming out of a tin horn.

You parents insisted you use the ear piece because they didn't
what to hear that STUFF.

Rick

rake60 said:

what to hear that STUFF.

Rick

Yea Rick, I had one of those Sony transistor radios back about 1958 or so. I saved my money and just had to have one. It was nothing but a piece of junk. That was when electronics started coming out of Japan and they were cheaper than Canadian or American built radios but not better quality. At that time Sony meant junk, now it means quality. I guess you just have to give them a bit of time to get their act together.

Cheers :)

Don

rake60 said:

Rick

I did. Little 9v battery job that fit in my shirt pocket, and a Bulova that was about the size of a red brick.
I still use a transistor radio in the shop everyday. This one, four D cells:

radio.jpg

I like my old stuff. It works.

Dean

Ed, the pen was given to me by a fellow who makes them. Probably gets his supplies from the same place.
I don't do any pen or wood work.

I still think this old radio is something special. I have a modern set that won't tune in an AM repeater that's only 15 miles away. This old one picks it up perfectly.
Some progress.

Dean

rake60 said:

what to hear that STUFF.

Rick

Yeah, a tranny was the first thing I ever bought on the never-never (time payment) - cost 70 quid at the time and yes - had to have the earplug so as not to upset the grumpy old buggers reading their papers on the train to work.

I bought my 1st in Change Alley Singapore in 1963 a National 8 transistor. Even duty free it cost an arm and a leg or maybe I was seen off by the Eastern Hagglers.

Best Regards
Bob

Back