A TEST FOR OLDER KIDS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cobra428 said:
Bob that's not brylcreem. That looks like a blow dry and hair spray :big:
or what was the other stuff....green liquid.....turned your hair rock solid?
Tony

I'm not sure but I think that it was called "Wave". As a kid I used it for a while. I also used Brylcreem but I'm not sure if it was before or after Wave.

I won't tell how I wore my hair in the "80s that you will have to guess but I may confirm if we get the right guess.

Cheers :)

Don

PS: Have to be careful with the spell checker as it gives you the option of breadcrumb or bridegroom for Brylcream.

Don

I had to go and look
I hated this stuff

Description:

Hair Tonic Conditions the scalp all day long, and helps hair remain in place for the entire day.

texasbeautysupplycom_2100_61666176.gif

Dippity Doo

That was the stuff that turned your hair into a plastic cap. My sister bought some after she saw the first commercial.

I admit I tried and used it on occasion myself. Those hairstyles required it. ::)

Kermit

dippitydo.jpg

Bob, you look like Rod Serling with a huge comb over !! :bow: I should talk, my Senior photo was along the same lines. My glasses had broken and the shop had to send them away to get fixed, the pair I wore for the session was a pair of stretched out girls frames. I look back now and want to v omit every time I think about it. :big: :big:

BC1
Jim

bearcar1 said:
Bob, you look like Rod Serling with a huge comb over !! :bow:
BC1
Jim

Jim,

Who was Rod Serling ??? Does that make me famous or infamous ??? ;D ;D ;D Either way, it's nice to know I look like someone.

Best Regards
Bob

Oh famous man! Don't you recall The Twilight Zone (the TV show of course ;D)

BC1
Jim

604708037_04234e7631.jpg

Rod Serling. The neatest voice to ever come over the TV. Musta been the cigarettes. He had one going all the time.

Groom 'n Clean; Made your hair stiff. Hurricane proof!

Brylcreem; Greasy kid stuff. Still use it. Still smells good, too.

Dean

As idyllic as those times were, there were dark clouds that scared the crap out of a wee lad....

Remember "Duck and Cover"? Civil defense drills and pamphlets for building bomb shelters?

I've often thought that childhood began its final loss of innocence with our generation.

Steve

Spanky, Arla, Alfalfa (oh my darling) Buckweat and ????

Tony

NONE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I first looked at it I thought it was the "Bowery Boys" - Ah well the benefits of an Antipodean education. :eek:

Best Regards
Bob

Left to right;

Alfalfa, Darla, Spanky. Buckwheat and Porky.

Oh Well Darla.... Arla, you new what I meant ;D I did know the song though

What was the dogs name and what club did they belong to........
and what was the name of their band?
What was the teachers name and
what is Lincoln's Gettysburg address?

Tony

This has been a fun thread, Tony. Glad you started it.

The Little Rascals. I saw their shows when I was a kid, but didn't know they were reruns at the time. Everything was in black and white then, so I didn't know the difference. Only the movie theaters had color!

Anyone remember Clutch Cargo?

Dean

Thanks Dean, it has been enjoyable. I always thought the whole world watched the same stuff.

I watched the Rascals and the Courageous Cat .....and who was his side kick and arch enemy?
While I ate breakfast just before grammar school in the morn.

Clutch Cargo sounds familiar......but......?????

Tony

Rake,
Teachers name Miss Crabtree
Class room setting

What is Lincoln's Gettysburg address.....(Crabtree asks Stymie...oh... that was a question there...who answered)

four fourthy four east main street

Teacher asks
What is 3 and 1....(I think it was Porky who replies).......Oil

Tony

Tony, Clutch Cargo was a big, square jawed cartoon adventure guy. A kid, an older sidekick, and a dog were in the series too. The mouths on the cartoons were real, and it was kind of weird, but I remember liking the show when I was a little guy. They were always getting in some kind of fix, and Clutch would always save the day.
I mostly remember the strange mouth thing. Cartoon people with real lips and teeth.

Dean

Dean, it's ringing a bell but....

The name of the Rascal band....(not perfectly remembered) The Super Seven Silver Stringed Submarine Band

Tony

Clutch Cargo had the boy, Spinner and the dog, Paddlefoot. Remember the scraggly looking guy with the beard, Swampy? His voice was done by the guy that played Otis the town drunk on the Andy Griffith show.

That video technique is the same as that which was used on the Conan O'Brien show. Hey there's a good trivia question.....Who was the host on the Tonight show, between Jay Leno and Jay Leno? :big:

Oh yeah, the process with the real mouths is called syncro-vox.

Ed

Back