A surprise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldstar31

Reaction score
As most of you will have read, my little workshop has had its roof off, rain in and rust. I'd had enough and thought of a trip to London, Alexandra Palace and perhaps a new shiny Chinese lathe to order and that. OK< my set is booked on the train and my entry ticket is there. Breakfast, the Smoke, Alli Pally and home again with dinner served on board. In bed for midnight! Yea, man. And then I thought of what might be here on Tyneside as well.
Oddly, there was Myford ML10. Not everyone's idea of things but it was only £500 or $750- and the bloke said @ I think the bits are worth more and that makes a lathe for --Nothing!
So what did I get? The ML10 with both steadies, a 3 and 4 jaw, a faceplate and catchplate plus centre and revolving centre and drill chucks. And then there were a heap of gears and a QCTP and rear parting tool post and that thing for checking alignment/ Then there was rather a nice off set centre and a heap of die things and then- a Potts. Dear old Mr P has gone to a greater workshop in the sky and I already have a couple but this one was new to me.
No name on it, but Potts it was. Then came a swing tool boring thing straight out of Martin Cleeve- plus a box of boring tools in hss and then a set of carbides- in need of a bit of TLC but heigh ho?
Then the good old 3 jaw was graduated - and there was even a lever attachment for the tailstock to drill. I don't think the couple of books would worry me but there was a set of raising blocks and a vertical slide and a vice and angle brackets. Unquestionably, there is more in boxes.

Where does jealousy take us- three times around the dance floor in a tango?

Cheers

Norman

Back