A step back into the 1930's

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
As some of you are aware, I work for/consult/sales manage the Jensen Steam Engine Company. It's a tiny company which was founded in 1932 and still supplies the whole world with the best available quality toy steam engines money can buy. No brag.... just the fact....(grin). It's been a labor of love with me for the past 17 years.

One of our dealers stopped by the factory recently and almost as an after thought broke out his video camera and spent sometime shooting the guys at work. When I say it's a tiny company, consider that 4 people produce all the engine needed to meet the demand. All the tooling was machined by the founder prior to his passing at 92 years old and every part is still handmade for each engine. In fact, aside from the web site I created for them, the highest tech item in the place is a fax machine and a hard wire telephone head set. The place is literally a step back to the 1930's when you enter the door.

Thought you guys might enjoy seeing the video....

Steve

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiq6ZQ78uZQ[/ame]​

That was awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing that with all of us Steve!

I love insider views of how stuff is made!
Jensen is one i do not yet have!!
Still looking for the right one to come around...

Andrew

Thanks for sharing that with us Steve.

I was absolutely fascinated by the designs and the functions of the jigs and fixtures, and by the skill of the people using them.

Stew

Steve
Thanks for sharing that. It was amazing to see that there are still beautifully done small machines made by hand with such care. Beats CNC anyway.
How is it that you guys haven't shown up on "How It's Made?"
best
Stan

Thanks for that, Steve. It's a great little company, and I sure did enjoy the new vid!

Steve, Thank you very much, that was a real pleasure to watch, again thank you. larry

Steve, that is one of the more interesting and enjoyable things I have seen. I always wondered what the factory looked like. Thanks so much for posting it.

Kenny

PS, I liked seeing how the bricks were made.

Back