A sad Day!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
A bit of a sad day, not for me personalty but still. I work repairing scales. Takes me to interesting places and situations. I was at the scrap yard today working on a scale a lady was there selling brand new rifle brass as scrap. hubby was just put into hospice care. we all know what that means. He was apparently an avid sportsman an did a lot of reloading. The wife has no idea where or how to sell all his stuff other than the scrap yard very sad.
Tin

Poor lady. She's probably got a small fortune there and will sell it for pennies.
You'd think she would know some of his shooting buddies.

Dean

losing a loved one is the hardest thing for a person to go through. I know from experience - lost my wife on 5-10-08 and my oldest son 5-28-10 Cliff

I know a lot of guys that try and sneak new gun purchases past the wife. The shoe is on the other foot when she goes to sell it... :-\

Then again, for a little HMEM content, I barely missed the "Kenedy Toolbox" full of the ex-hubby's machinist tools for $200 a few months ago. :eek:

My SO knows who to call to price all my junk if I snuff it early.

Tin Falcon said:
A bit of a sad day, not for me personalty but still. I work repairing scales. Takes me to interesting places and situations. I was at the scrap yard today working on a scale a lady was there selling brand new rifle brass as scrap. hubby was just put into hospice care. we all know what that means. He was apparently an avid sportsman an did a lot of reloading. The wife has no idea where or how to sell all his stuff other than the scrap yard very sad.
Tin

I owned a printing plant for 30 years. In the old days we used lead type and I had a couple of tons of it. I think every re-loader in Denver called me asking if I would sell them lead. Of course they wanted it very cheap :mad:
Les

On a similar note a friend phoned earlier this week to say a neighbour had sadly died and his widow wanted to dispose of the workshop full of his tools and equipment.

everything went well until I mentioned to herself! ..... a resounding NO was heard - Oh well, at least I didn't go and look and get a bad case of tool envy. Some habits are better not to form.

This is sad indeed.
The ham radio club I belong to has a tradition of helping out the widows dispose of equipment for a fair price. It pays to have a short talk with your loved ones in advance about whom to contact. The "vultures" who cross reference the death notices with the ham database and swoop in for pennies on the dollar are almost universally despised.

Latest posts

Back