A rocket maker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air intake valve cage for 100 lb thrust pulse jet engine.

IMG_20131008_125303_590_zps8aaf3ccf1.jpg

Steamchick : sorry I was just musing myself. To contain the heat and help your pressure waves you could use a ceremic coating( use the same on exhausts of cars) Thereby minimising heat losses in the equation. I have plans for about 20 or so pulsejets I have accrued over the years and have fiddled with making small units. Fascinating items.

Mike, I've been making cheese for many years here in a part of the USA where raw milk cannot be sold - I just use store-bought pasteurized milk. The key is to avoid ultra-pasteurized milk; that won't work at all. But "normal" pasteurized milk can work. Mind you, it performs much less well than raw; your curds will not be strong, no matter what you do; but I've successfully made > 100 cheeses of a wide variety.
Thanks for the reply.
Big problem here in Oz is the cost of store purchased milk which is prohibitive and takes the fun out of it.
My wife and I spent 6 years in Thailand and I was able to buy 10ltr bags from the factory for just a few baht and pasteurized it myself.
Really enjoyed the freedom. As I said earlier way too over regulated in the west.
Even if you own your own cow you cannot give your cheese to friends - legally?

Thanks for the reply.
Big problem here in Oz is the cost of store purchased milk which is prohibitive and takes the fun out of it.
My wife and I spent 6 years in Thailand and I was able to buy 10ltr bags from the factory for just a few baht and pasteurized it myself.
Really enjoyed the freedom. As I said earlier way too over regulated in the west.
Even if you own your own cow you cannot give your cheese to friends - legally?

What the gov dosen't know...

Love the seat of the pants, can do attitude. Way too many rules and regulations today (particularly in Australia, keeping the BOYS in a job), as you say "no one was injured" maybe because then we all looked after our own health and safety instead of big brother dictating?

I wonder if there are still plans around that your physics teacher Dad used? But the chemicals are probably on the restricted list now :-( particularly here.

Cannot even keep making my own cheese in Oz because raw milk is now illegal to buy.

There are a few books from the era of actually doing stuff without having a nanny government fighting you or calling you names.

One of the best is "Rocket Manual for Amateurs" by Capt Bertrand R Brinley published in 1960. A favorite to read in my old middle school library.

Another fun one is "A Guide To Amateur Rocketry" published by the US Army Field Artillery School in Ft. Sill, OK.

Once upon a time the government actually thought having educated citizens was in the nations best interests, and the space race meant they wanted everyone on board helping the effort even in a small way.

There is a chapter in the legendary Scientific American collection of C. L. Stong's Projects for Amateur Scientists, which also included directions for making a linear accelerator and other such run of the mill stuff the whiny man bun tribe would just wet themselves over...

Happy hunting,
Stan

Thanks stanstocker & Ozwes007 besides all the horrible things the internet is a source of, at times it is a source of information that not too long ago was hidden as a trade secret. Thanks for your input it will give me some "light" reading as the winter nights grow longer here in Tasmania :).

P.S. I once found (on the www) and used the complete step by step smoked salmon recipe a Scottish fella uses to make smoked salmon for the Queen!

Hope to be down in Tassie next year, maybe I’ll see some skyrockets in flight😂😂😂😂

If anyone lives near Germany go see, Days of Speed & Thunder this summer. A weekend of RC model airplane pulse jet engine flying a 500 people will be there. Some airplanes go 300 to near 400 mph.

Virus_1_zpsiqez5okd.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back