a old man and his lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manfred albert

Reaction score
still both are in a good condition. It is a Weiler MD 260 build in 1962. The size of this lathe is fulfilling my needs. The accessory makes this maschine very usefull and handy.
I put the accsessory´s on the lathe and it look´s like a mess.
Now some details and more .........

DSC00224.JPG

That's a fine looking lathe. From the engines I see in your avatar it looks like it has been put to good use.

Cheers,
Phil

That IS a beauty. Love the dividing head. What is the thick round bar above and behind the spindle that is holding some kind of fixture?

Hello Paul,

this attachment is easy to use but difficult to explain. It is a Thread Chasing Attachment. You have to adjust the cutting steel to the diameter you want cut, start the lathe and pull down the arm and cut the tread. At the end of the thread the arm is lifted up. So you can make the second and the final cut with out stopping the lathe, just pull down this arm. At the end of the tread this arm jump out of the thread and moves to the start position. I hope you understand my English.

Regards Manfred

Sounds like a very handy attachment- I'd love to see it work.

Oh, and by the way, Ich verstehe Ihr Englisch sehr lieber als Sie würden mein Deutsch verstehen!

Manfred.
It’s a pleasure seeing your machine the Weiler shop lathe. We had one tucked away in my shop when I was an apprentice, I spent many hours working on this beautiful tool room lathe. Quality in manufacture was quite unique.

DSG lathes were prevalent in our tool room, but this little German lathe made precise little parts flawlessly.

I know they made bigger machines and never had experience with them, but my memory of those machines and quality is first class. If I had a chance to own one I would jump through hoops and land in $hite to own a fine machine as this!.

Thank you for your post.

now we go on with the mill. There is nothing special again the attachment make it. I can remove the work table and install a special table that can move in any angel and rotate. It is used to make the large master pattern for my models and normal work. Old stuff but it works fine. This mill is build in 1989 by our chines friends.

Best Regards from Germany
Manfred

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

Hi Manfred
Fantastic machine tools you got there, Boy would i like a workshop
like that.
What is the make of your mill, looks pretty good for Chinese
model.

Ken

Manfred I too like very much your machines, the Weiler particulary

I own a very old Boley 4L lathe, a good machine, but your Weiler is really amazing :bow:

nice mill too

Hello Manfred,

You have some well equipped machines. It looks like the mill is both a horizontal and vertical.

Kenny

Hello,Manfred.Old your machines maybe,but many a good tune is played on an old fiddle(violin).
And judging by your engine,you're a fine musician :big:
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Manfred!

Nice Shop.....Your mill looks very much like a Deckel....

Dave

Dave You are right,

it is a copy of the Deckel maschin. One the next report I'm going to show, how to convert a Deckel engraving maschin into a special mill that's work like "CNC" by hand.

Manfred

Hello to all,

I got viva ebay a special mill head. That can torn around 360 degree and can move 75mm out of the center. That is closed to CNC by hand. In the corner was sitting an 40 year old engraving maschin and a holder for a mill motor is on hand.
Strip down the engraving maschin, install the Digi, install the universal mill head and install the holder for the mill motor. So I have build for my master pattern work a comfortable equipment. Because I can sit in front of it.
The first test run came out with this pattern.

DECKEL DRAVIERMASCHINE.png

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00242.JPG

very nice machines Manfred i really like the Weiler you sure have lots of accessories i like the thread chasers

i saw a few of your models before you are very talented i look forward to seeing what you post next

thanks for showing Thm:

BigBore said:
Sie sind wunderbare Maschinen, Manfred! Wir danken Ihnen sehr für uns zeigt.

Thm:

I was stationed in Germany. I hope I didn't just say, "Your cat tastes good with garlic" :hDe:

Ed

Hello Ed.
Not bad,but you wrote:
You are wonderfull machines,Manfred.
We thank you a lot for us shows. ;)
Better:
Your cat tastes good with garlic-
Ihre Katze schmeckt gut mit Knoblauch.

Cheers,Ralph

Yep, you are going to fit in just fine! wEc1

In reference to your Cat recipe, I have found that a couple shots of Jagermeister adds to the flavor, if not to the overall experience. *beer*

Auf Wiedersehen

Ed

Back