A new furnace

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44-henry

Reaction score
Though it is not in my garage, I just finished having this installed in my laboratory at the University of North Dakota. It is a 1980's vintage Johnson Triple-Treat natural gas furnace. It comes equipped with a high heat/forge oven that can go up to 2300 degrees F, a tempering oven that has a max of about 1100 degrees F, and a salt pot. All three are controlled by Honeywell Programmable Controllers that can be seen on the stool next to the oven (haven't had time to mount it to the wall yet). The furnace was completely checked over and the controllers were added at my request. Though I have two electric ovens, this should be really nice for doing heat treatment and small foundry projects (still have the large furnace for the bigger stuff).

JohnsonFurnace.jpg

WOW.....That is a serious oven ;D

IronHorse

I plan on using it for personal research, teaching students the basics of heat treatment, and also for doing some foundry work. This model furnace was actually originally designed for schools so it should be perfect for my needs.

Latest posts

Back