Quantcast

A Martin Evans 'Jubilee'

Help Support HMEM:

Tomlinson

Reaction score
This project was, many years ago, my goal in model engineering, a nice looking engine that I could ride behind.

I steamed it up a number of times away from the track and rode behind it once only (a very satisfactory feeling).

I then dismantled it, painted it and haven't built a fire in it since.

As a matter of interest, when I went to buy the castings for this loco, on the shop counter was the current copy of a model engineering magazine with a picture of Les Chenery's V Twin.
I liked the look of the engine so much I subscribed to the magazine and after finishing the Loco, ( three years later ), I built the twin and lots more I/C engines since.

Jubilee.jpg

Jubilee 2.JPG

kvom

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're in the UK. What gauge is the loco?

Tomlinson

Reaction score
Hello Charles The recent posts of engine photos. and construction slideshows cover just about everything engine related that I have built. I started model engineering around 1975 and apart from a break of around 4 years (77 to 81) I have been building engines almost continually.

I also spent quite some time with R/C model aircraft and some of the engines that I built were intended for flying. I also made a couple of clocks ( '3/4 second pendulum clock' and 'Month going regulator')

The construction slideshows all have date stamps which give you an idea of the construction time.

The Jubilee took about 3 years, the first Minnie about 18 months, the second one took slightly less.

I think that the Gypsy 1 was about a year.

I have been retired for about 20 years so have had plenty of time to devote to my hobby.

Hope that this is of some use, of course I will be happy to answer any specific questions.

Eric Tomlinson.