A Fordillac flathead V-8 in 1/3 scale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have a build thread going on the construction of this engine. It's on another forum and the reason it wasn't posted here also is because of the great amount of time it takes to 'double up."
That being said I have made a couple of videos of the completed or almost completed parts to date.
I thought that the members of this forum would like to see what I have been up to.
gbritnell
https://youtu.be/xxOx3DpbWxg
https://youtu.be/S_v0Ewydv-s

Great video's,

Can't wait to see and hear it run. True craftsmanship once again.
Thanks for sharing.

Hi George!
My gosh! This is really a state of the art work. It is a kid of work that brings you a great plesure to see and immediately makes you to think. When I will get at this level of perfection?
Let us enjoy more and more pictures and videos of this amazing work.
I will be following with high level of interest.

Congratulations!!!!

Edi

Absolutely amazing machining work, the videos were very interesting. I must follow the build on the other forum.

Paul.

Very nice George !

I like to see your work sheet for all those rotary table moves. You really have to stay focused making those moves, and it is really easy to get distracted.

Well done.

Scott

Words can't describe what a great project that is. Will you be selling plans in the future for people to drool over?

As soon as the engine is complete the drawings will be also. As I go along I make the necessary changes and additions to the drawings. This way everything is proven out before I release them.
gbritnell

I wish I had 1/10 th of the Talent George has. About the best work I have seen on every model he built. Amazing work for sure!

John

Truly another magnificent triumph given to the World of Model Engineers by the extraordinarily talented Mr. Britnell. A V-Twin, Straight-4, Straight-6, V-8s...is there anything that this man can't do?

What a Non Plus Ultra legacy.... written in nuts and bolts, pistons and con-rods!

Frank

That is just awesome George. True craftsmanship

George,
My CNC parts don't come out looking that good, especially considering the long cutters that it looks like you used. The focus needed to manually control three and sometimes four axes to mill that crankcase, pan, and manifold is beyond my comprehension. - Terry

Back