A first live steamer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RReid

Reaction score
I'm a new forum member, but I thought I might post a few pics of my first small live steam locomotive, which I completed about a year ago. It is based on Dave Watkin's Wild Rose III, which is a 16mm/ft scale model of a British 2 foot narrow gauge quarry locomotive. The drawings are very good; complete, clear, and without errors. They have been generously made available here: Locomotives - Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers

I followed Mr. Watkin's drawings pretty faithfully for the chassis and all the steaming and running gear. Where I deviated was in building the cab, tank, details, etc. to 3/8" scale (1:32) and to resemble the early logging locos built by Baldwin and others. To my knowledge none of those were built with outside frames, but I figure since it was a time of experimentation and make-do equipment, someone might have! At my scale the 32mm (O gauge) track corresponds to a full size gauge of 3ft 4in.
IMG_01.jpgIMG_02.jpgIMG_03.jpgIMG_04.jpgIMG_05.jpgIMG_06.jpgIMG_07.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back