A Few Steam Toys

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal2749

Reaction score

Don posted a video of his father's Empire steam toy from the 20' or 30's and thought I follow that up with a few from my collection. I have over 100 with many early german makers and 12-15 very early american made models beore 1890. I started looking into this forum for ideas to repair some of my toys since so many are missing something even when found in fairly good shape.

Back to toys,

this is a steam brewery made by E Plank (well know german maker) ca; 1895. NO I haven't used it to made beer :p

africanbrewery013.jpg

africanbrewery012.jpg

Front boiler powers the system, ingredients get mixed( red tank in back), heated by second burner, (in tank next to boiler) then poured into top tray were solution drains down over evaporater into tank. From there gets pumped (copper tank) to go again

Schoenner overtype made before 1906

schoenner001.jpg

Has most of the bells and whisltes, feedpump, sightglass on end and governor. Governors on steam toys are almost never functional.

Others in the picture are; in front right- small Buckman ca; 1880's with a cork as filler plug and safety valve. Behind that is a Weeden with false walking beam, and to far left is a Weeden 1898-1920's Caloric engine

Now my interests are going over into the dark side of models. I have bought two models and now attempting to make my first model from a casting kit.

Latest posts

Back